Hair reducing lasers work by interacting with the pigment in the hair to produce heat. A very intense beam of light is passed through the skin at the hair root. The dark hair becomes very hot and destroys the cells that produce the hair. If the light is intense enough, the hair follicle is damaged to an extent where it can no longer produce hair at all.
Care for 48 hours after treatment
Care for 48 hours after treatment:
Some redness and swelling is expected in the area for a few hours post treatment:
- Use a non-perfumed aftercare product such as Tea-tree body lotion or Aloe Vera gel which can be purchased at the clinic
- Avoid perfume, body lotions, after-shave, make-up and deodorant on the treated area.
- Avoid heat treatments such as hot baths or showers, saunas, steam rooms and Jacuzzi.
- Avoid restrictive and tight clothing or excess friction on the area
- Avoid cardiovascular exercise and swimming as the chemicals in the water may cause irritation
- Avoid facial and body treatments until the skin has returned to normal
- Do not apply ice-packs as this can shock and traumatize the skin.
- Do not hesitate to call us if you have any doubts or questions